Economic Uncertainty will continue for the foreseeable future which is a great reason to use Engineering on Demand.
We’ve heard reports, seen the statistics that tell us companies are downsizing and passing the workload on to the remaining employees.
And it’s just not in retail stores alone; last month saw a surge in layoffs, primarily due to large-scale employee cuts at companies like Hewlett-Packard and Google. In total, employers have announced 493,431 planned layoffs so far in 2015, a 36% jump over the same period last year and 2% more than the 2014 total.
The computer industry accounted for the heaviest job cuts in September primarily driven by Hewlett-Packard, which said it would cut 30,000 jobs. With an uncertain economy, slow economic growth, and a mountain’s worth of new regulations, managers and owners are left with the option of scaling back in order to maintain a dwindling profit.
A post from kilinger.com states: “The drag from trade figures to subtract half a percentage point from GDP growth next year, preventing a decent year for the economy from being a really good year.”
No wonder companies are trying to do more with less. This economy makes all companies risk averse.
- If Business is Booming – Even if business is booming, companies are still reluctant to hire new people. They are not sure if this boom will continue and there is a fairly significant cost to hiring and training, as well as the cost of layoffs if all doesn’t go well.
- If Business is OK – The implication here is that you have the right number of people to handle the work load that you have. You might be faced with a timeline that you aren’t sure you can meet, but hiring a full time employee seems risky for what could be a one-time need.
- If Business is not OK – It doesn’t make sense to hire until you see the work pick up. Even if the work appears to be picking up, hiring someone can be risky if this is only a blip.
So, what does a company do when they need to boost output to meet demand?
Outsourcing may be the answer?
Many companies outsource engineering services (Engineering on Demand) at one time or another for a myriad of reasons. A few of those reasons follow:
- Accelerate engineering projects – Outsourcing some tasks within an engineering project can speed up the delivery and prevent you from the need to hire for a short time period.
- Free up resources for other purposes – Every organization has limits on the resources available to it. Outsourcing permits an organization to redirect its resources, most often people resources, from non-core activities toward activities which serve the customer.
- Reduce operating costs – Companies that try to do everything themselves may incur vastly higher research, development, marketing and deployment expenses, all of which are passed on to the customer.
- Resources not available internally – Companies outsource because they do not always have access to the required resources within the company.
Impac Systems Engineering, the trusted source for “Engineering on Demand.”
For 5 years straight Impac Systems Engineering (ISE) won the “Houston 100 Award” that recognizes the fastest 100 growing private companies in Houston. The company won the AutoDesk President’s Club award recognizing AutoDesk’s largest dealers from 1996 through 2001. In 1992, ISE won the INC 500 award recognizing the fastest 500 growing private companies in the United States.
Impac Systems Engineering is still growing. With offices in two locations, ISE has over 30 years of experience in engineering services. Their promise of value has been and still is to deliver quality mechanical, structural and process engineering services.
ISE’s engineers are experienced in using the latest software, they use this software every day to deliver engineering solutions. Whether you need help with:
- Work Overload – Some of our customers have too much work to complete their projects on time. We have provided the extra engineer they need to get the job done on time.
- Lack of Expertise – Some of our customers may not have a particular expertise that was needed on a project. We provided that expertise. CFD simulation is an example. If your company needs CFD simulation only a couple of times a year, it doesn’t make sense to buy the software and hire the expert. We can do that for you.
- A Departing Employee – Some of our customers lost an engineer to take a job with another company leaving them a man short on a project. We provided that man.
- Temporary Workload – Our customer lands an unexpected job and is not ready to ramp up their employee level to accommodate the project. We provided that man.
- Ramping up Business – Your company could be in an unpredictable state of growth. You may not want to hire immediately or be able to hire immediately so we can provide the extra manpower.
ISE can perform a single task or take on an entire Engineering project.
Our Engineering services span from an idea, to product design, to simulation of the designs, and finally, building prototypes.
- Design Automation Programming: If you have a product where the designs are constant and the only changes are dimensions, we can write a program to automate this activity. Users will key in dimensions and our code will generate the drawings.
- Training and Mentoring: Our engineers can provide training and/or mentoring for PTC Creo, PTC MathCAD, PTC Windchill, PTC PLM Cloud and more. The training/mentoring can be performed on your site and therefore customized to fit your needs.
Contact us today and see how we can be your go-to source for “Engineering on Demand” – outsourcing reduces your financial risk and allows you to plan for your growth.